How to use bulk USB flash drive in perfect condition?
Wholesale USB is one kind of storage medium that is widely used in daily life.Because of its small size, large storage, easy to carry and other characteristics, it has been popular among people.However, how can we make the best use of usb flash? So that it can better serve us.It is obviously necessary to master some skills and maintenance knowledge of wholesale USB sticks.Therefore, according to the experience of USB flash drive wholesaler for many years, we summarize some using skills and maintenance experience, it aims to help people know well of the USB Drive.
What’s the wholesale thumb drive?
Firstly, let’s start to know the basic info of USB Flash Drive.
The components for one USB Drive: USB shell, USB Chip and USB Package.
USB Chip: it is consisted of PCB board, controller Chip, crystal oscillator, resistance-capacitance capacitor, USB head, LED head, and FLASH (flash memory) chip.
USB Shell: Custom Wooden USB Flash Drive, Bulk Plastic USB Flash Drive, Metal USB Stick, Leather Memory stick, Cartoon USB Drive, OTG USB Drive and the other materials.
Package for USB Drive: Paper box, plastic box and Metal Box.
Comparing with other portable storage devices, usb flash has many advantages. USB Drive has faster readout speed and larger capacity than floppy disk, and it is smaller in size and easier to carry than hard disk.
A. Matters must be paidattentionswhen connecting the USB Drive:
1. Ejectthe device in timewhen the usb flash is not used.Evenyou do not use the usb flash;please disconnect theusb flash withthe host.As if the USB drive is connecting with the PC or the other devices for a long time, the USB drive is still under working even if there is no read and writesoperation, and the heating powerwill become larger and larger.In addition, some antivirus software will scan the disk on a regular basis, anditmay also increase the amount of reading and writing to the usb flash.Moreover, when the computer startsup, the operating systemwilldetect USB every time;sometimes the impact current is very large. It is easy to lead to the damage of usb flash chip and USB interface, especially when it comes to some inferior power supply, it is easy to damage the USB interface.
2. The drive must be ejected immediately if you do not need to read or write the USB flash drive. The usb flash should be pulled out of the computer when the power indicator is off.
B. The cautions when doing copy by the USB flash drive:
1. Pleasetry to use software such as WinRAR to compress the files or folderswhenyou want to do copy to the USB Drive, it will compress all files or folders to one; it will save a lot of time during the copy.More importantly, the less time forthe writingoperation time of the usb flash, the longer circle life itwill be.C. The things must be carefulwhen inserting and pulling usb flash:
1. Do not roughly pull outthe usb flash when the device cannot beejected.The good habit of pulling out a USB stick is to ejectthe device firstly, andthen pull it out.Direct pull will lead to usb flash damage;it mayaffect the usb flash life.
However, if you click “eject”, there is one icon coming out saying “can not stop the disk”, then how should we do? Can we forcibly unplug the USB drive? The answer is negative; it is easily to damage the USB port in computer or USB drive. Also the data in the drive may be destroyed, what will be the best solutions?
We usually use the “copy” and “paste” method, when we take out the files or data from the usb flash, and if we copy the file on the usb flash, the file will always be placed in the clipboard of the system, the data is in the condition of standby.And if we want to ejectthe usb flash in this case, there will have that error icon.
The relatedsolution is to clear your clipboard, or proceed copy and paste step in any disk, and thenyou go to ejectthe usb flash, you may find out the drive has been ejected successfully.
If you think the above method is still ineffective, you can use the following method:
Please press the key combination “Ctrl” + “Alt” + “Del”in keyboard at the same time, then the “Task Manager” window will appear, click the “process” tab and search for the “rundll32.exe” process in the Image name, and select the “rundll32.exe” process.Then click end process, and the Task Manager warning pops up and asks you if you want to close the process. The rundll32.exe process is closedwhen you press confirm.The usb flashcan be ejectednormally.
When using this approach, please pay attentionif there are multiple “rundll32.exe” processes, you need to shut down all of the multiple “rundll32.exe” processes.
This approach is alsodonewith the help of the task manager, while pressing the key combination “Ctrl” + “Alt” + “Del”in keyboard, the “task manager” window appears, click “process”, find the “EXPLORER.EXE” process and end it.At this point you will find that your desktop is gone. Pleasedo not panic, continue with the following actions, and click “File”-(New Task in Task Manager-enter EXPLORER.EXE)—and press confirm.You will find that you can safely eject the disk when you do it.
2. Plug and playis now supported by all theUSB drives.If there is no data transfer, or if you do not use the files in the usb flash, pull it out directly, there should be no problem.(usb flash interfaces USB 1.0 generally does not support plug and play, USB 2.0and USB 3.0support plug and play, but it is best to doeject waybetter.)
3. How to Insert and unplug the usb flash correctly? Pleasenever pull out the flash drive when the indicator light of the flash drive flashes fast, because the usb flash is reading or writing data at this time, pulling out in the middle may cause damage to the hardware and data.Do not close the program immediately after the backup document is complete, because at that time the indicator light on the usb flash is still flashing, indicating that the program is not fully over, at this time, pull out the usb flash, it is easy to affect the backup.Therefore, after the file backup to the flash drive, you shouldclose the driveafter a period of time to prevent accidents; it is the same reasonas we mentioned previously, if there is the icon”can not stop” coming out, please do not easily pull out the usb flash, which will also cause data loss. D. Other relevant usage techniques:
1. You should strictly limit the number of usb flash cross-use,andreduce the possibility of infection. Thepurchased usb flash should have write protection or encryption function, then you can separate an encrypted area for storing important files, and set the access password.
2. Please unhide extensions for known file types: open my computer selection menu to be-tools-folder options-View-hide extensions for known file types (do not tick).
3. Wheninsertingthe USB Drive intothe computer, please do not directly double-click to open the usb flash, firstlyuse antivirus software or “usb flash virus killing tool. Exe” to scanthe virusor Trojan horse.Then by turning on my computer, selecting through the address bar drop-down or entering a drive letter (such as F:) and then opening the usb flash, the possibility of being infected with the auto playvirus is reduced.
4. usb flash can only be used as temporary copy file (except for the backup portablehard disk), do not store important files for a long time or open and edit directly, usb flash storage carrier belongs to electronic flash memory, which is easy to cause file loss.For the copy of important documents should be deleted in timeand the usb flash should be removed promptly, do not connect to the computer for a long time.
5. Ifthe system is infected with the virus, you should first upgrade the antivirus software virus library, restart and press the F8 key to enter safe mode under comprehensive antivirus.Do not double-click the drive letter of any drive before antivirus, in casethe virus run again.If you really need to open onehard disk, please use the method 3to enter.
6. Itgenerally requires reinstallation of thecomputersystemif the antivirus getting failed, only the virus in disk C will be cleared after reinstallation, and the virus in the other hard drives will still exist.Double-clicking another drive virus may repeatedly infect the system (especially theauto playvirus) and can only be deleted manually.Before deleting, you need to call out the system process (Alt+Ctrl+Del) to terminate the virus process (judging, handling more complex omissions here) and start items, system services, and drivers (new) with tools such as sreng (this tool is not easily terminated by certain viruses).Viruses often take advantage of system services and drivers to start first,it will causethe antivirus software to fail to start or exit) the specific operation is omitted.
Maintenanceskills of usb flash
1. Reasonable preservation, usingof extension cable for the USB Drive
The USB interface of the usb flash should wear coverwhen it is not using, it will preventthe metal sheet of the interface from oxidizing and dustentering, otherwise it may lead topoor contact; multiple insertion and pulling will also cause the metal sheet to wear and tear, resulting in poor connection.It is betterto use the USB extension cableto protect the USB interface of the usb flash.Try to choose a well-known brand, the thicker the cable, the betterthe quality.But the length must be less than3 meters;otherwise it is easy tohave data error during the copy. 2. Do not defragment the usb flash and format less
After the hard disk is in use for a period of time, it will produce disk fragments, and the usb flash, especially the large capacity usb flash, will have the same problem.The disk fragments of the hard disk can be sorted by the disk defragmenter in the system, while the flash memory of the usb flash is very special in the way, whenthe data is saved and the fragments are not suitable for defragmentation with professional disk defragmentation tools.If we insist on defragmentation, it will affect its lifecircle; also the frequent formatting and changes in partition formats (FAT, FAT32, NTFS) will also affect its performance.
3. Keep USB Drive in Dry environment
Please make surethe usb flash placed in a dry environment, do not let the usb flash interface exposed to the air for a long time, otherwise it is easy to cause surface metal oxidation, and reduce the sensitivity of the interface.
4.Do not keep USB Drive in connection all the time
Do not insert a long-term unused usb flash into the USB interface, it is easy to cause interface aging, on the other hand, it is also a loss to the usb flash.
5. Turn on the protection switch before working
usb flashs generally have write protection switches, but they should be switched before the usb flash is inserted into the computer interface, and should not be switched in the usb flash working state.
6. Do not plug out the drive when the light flashing
Theusb flash has indicator lights to tell working status, if it is oneindicator light, when inserted into the host interface, the light on indicates that the power is turned on, and when the light flashes, it indicates that the data is being read and written.If there are two indicator lights, usually two colors, one is on when the power is turned on, and the otheroneis on when the usb flash is reading and writing data.Some usb flashs are still working after the system copy progress bar disappears. Itis strictly prohibited to unplug the usb flash when the read and write status lights are on.Be sure to wait for the read-write status indicator to stop flashing or off before you can unplug the usb flash.
7. Compress multi-files to one
Some brand models of usb flash for the file allocation table reserved space is small, it is easy to result in errors when doing the copy of a large number of single small files, at this time you can stop copying, and compressa number of small files into one large file.
8. Reduce losses
usb flash is one portablestorage device with flash memory medium (Flash Memory) and universal serial bus (USB) interface. Whensaving file information, it is often carried out in a “serial” manner.That is to say, even if you delete only one file or add one file in the usb flash, the data information in the usb flash will be automatically refreshed once.You should know that the number of usb flash refresh is limited, so when saving or deleting usb flash files, it is best to complete at one time.
9. Falling water treatment.
Do not rush to dry after the flash memory falling into the water. Ifyou have the conditions, it is betterto rinse it with anhydrous alcohol to ensure that there is no sewage in the flash drive.If there is still a failure, it is recommended that it be repaired.
10. Speed up access to flash drives.
In order to speed up access to the flash drive, you must partition the capacity of the flash drive appropriately; when partitioning the flash drive, try to use its built-in program to partition, and it is not appropriate to set up too many partitions of the flash drive.It is best to set up two partitions, one to hold information that requires frequent access and is more important, and for security reasons, an access password should be added to the partition, and the size of the partition should be controlled at about 5mb.Another partition is used to hold some normal and less confidential information, and there is no need to add an access password to the partition.As a result, when you access the previous partition, you are naturally much faster than accessing the entire flash drive, and the information stored in that partition is safer. 11. Life circle of usb flash.
The erasable number of usb flash is the normal life of usb flash. Generally, the usb flash with MLC particles can be erased more than 10, 000 times, while the usb flash with SLC particles has a service life of up to one hundred thousand times.The specific situation depends on the quality of the usb flash.
Leave a comment